Gear Change Ignition Cut

Discussion and support for MoTeC's previous generation ECUs.

Gear Change Ignition Cut

Postby br21 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:18 am

Hi!
Recently I'm working with sequential gearboxes in Lancer Evo9 rally car with Motec M800 ECU.
I've set there cut-off, it was working quite OK, especially in closed-loop mode using strain gauge.
Few things:
- "Cut level" - what you usually use? I had best effects with around 85-90% cut on snow.
- it would be great to be able to set different "Hysteresis" for downshift and upshift
- "Cut level" or "Retard" - what is better - more effective?
- "Recover time" - it starts when gear voltage potentiometer shows voltage proper for next gear or when "Gear stable" is detected after amount of time set in "Delay time"?
- in case of EvoX with DBW throttle, how to use throttle-blips on downshifts? It should be done by using: "Functions/Gear Shift/Down Shift"??
- somebody has some good tips for downshift management in non DBW cars - like Evo9 for example, without throttle kicker?
- closed-loop could be used with Plug in ECUs? I mean if it will be possible to connect gear position potentiometer somehow? I know that when using GCIC function in EvoX with Plug in ECU I should connect strain gauge signal to Pin 87 - "Mass airflow sensor" (and it's "+" to Pin 78 - "Power supply voltage applied to accelerator pedal position sensor" & "ground" to Pin 79 - "Accelerator pedal position sensor ground"). But where to connect gear voltage signal? Also how to do it in Evo9 and Impreza Plug in ECUs?
br21

Return to M400, M600, M800 and M880 ECUs