4AG dissy ignition question

Discussion and support for MoTeC's earlier generation ECUs

Re: 4AG dissy ignition question

Postby SprinterTRD on Tue May 03, 2022 8:46 pm

Hi Terry,

The revision number (Ax, Bx, Dx) on the sticker represents the hardware revision of the M4 board.
The early revision boards don't support all the rEF & sync modes that are available in the software
The pro option makes no difference.

Dwell time effects the coil voltage, Supply voltage at the coil effects coil voltage & spark plug gap effects coil voltage.

Have to done a dwell/voltage/current draw test using the Bosch coil & module to see that the dwell curve looks like?

Are you using a run resistor in the 12V supply to the coil?. If so why? It needs to be removed!
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby terryo on Wed May 04, 2022 10:42 am

thanks, but that still does not tell me what to do about rEF and your T11 "settings"

no (ballast) resister in coil feed.

i'll organise another scope test of HT and report back.
terryo

Postby SprinterTRD on Wed May 04, 2022 12:39 pm

You cant do much as the dizzy sensors are wired with a common 0V.

I would put a scope on the dizzy sensors and confirm the shape of the waveforms coming out of the dizzy.
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Postby terryo on Thu May 05, 2022 9:05 pm

Steve, you seem to be constantly missing my question. if your notes on T11 'drawing is wrong' or not relevant to my M4, what numbers/values to i put into the program??.

apart from 3 ground off lugs, the dissy is stock, so its "attributes" must the same as a ziillion other 4AG units you have seen

im just starting on a M48 for another 4AG also, are the T11 setting correct or wrong for it??
terryo

Postby SprinterTRD on Fri May 06, 2022 5:03 pm

Hi Terry,
I've never had a issue with T11 drawings so I just wanted you to confirm your dizzy matches it.

Next if the software is reporting a config error then I suspect the board revision in the ECU does not match the label.

In the past the only way to fix this to wire the sensor polarity the opposite way around however you cant do this with the Toyota dizzy unless you take the wiring apart and rotate them inside the dizzy.
SprinterTRD
Pro User

Previous

Return to M4 and M48 ECUs (including M2R and MLS variants)